America's Cup & Transatlantic Cruise #3 PONANT EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION
* Subject to availability.
- The Groupama Team France practice sessions with commentary by Olivier de Kersauson
- An exclusive gala dinner with the members of Groupama Team France
- On-board lectures presented by renowned guests…
- Staterooms & Suites
- LE BOREAL
- Port of call & excursions
- Guest(s) Lecturer(s)
- Important information
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Like her sisterships, Le Boréal embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is PONANT’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 132 staterooms and suites) make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
Superior materials, discreet elegance and a tasteful décor reflect a nautical mood subtly revisited. Aboard, soothing neutral grey tones are enlivened by splashes of red, our signature theme linking tradition and innovation to create personal touches in the spirit of a “private yacht”.
Port of call & excursions
Saint George's, BermudaEmbarkation 19/04/2017 from 10H00 to 11H00 . Departure 23/04/2017 at 12H00 .
Former capital of Bermuda, Saint George’s will captivate you with its old-world charm. Founded in the 17th century on the island that shares its name, in the north of the Bermuda archipelago, the town is one of the oldest English colonies in the New World. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is home to magnificent dwellings now converted into museums, elegant stone buildings that are testimony to the early period of the town, as well as a number of religious buildings. Saint Peter’s church, considered to be the oldest Anglican place of worship outside the British Isles, boasts sumptuous cedar wood carvings. Not far from there, Tucker House invites you to experience the daily life of a prominent family from the island in the 18th century.
23 April 2017▸30 April 2017 – HamiltonArrival 23/04/2017 early morning. Departure 30/04/2017.
During your day at sea, make the most of the many services and activities on board. Treat yourself to a moment of relaxation in the spa or stay in shape in the fitness centre. Depending on the season, let yourself be tempted by the swimming pool or a spot of sunbathing. This day without a port of call will also be an opportunity to enjoy the conferences or shows proposed on board, to do some shopping in the boutique or to meet the PONANT photographers in their dedicated space. As for lovers of the open sea, they will be able to visit the ship’s upper deck to admire the spectacle of the waves and perhaps be lucky enough to observe marine species. A truly enchanted interlude, combining comfort, rest and entertainment.
LisbonDisembarkation 01/05/2017 at 12H00 .
Portugal’s capital city located on the banks of the Tagus, only a few kilometres from the Atlantic coast, is a city of exceptionally rich cultural diversity. At the mouth of the river harbour, impose two UNESCO World Heritage monuments, Jeronimos monastery and Belem tower. The Alfama hillside is also worth visiting: known for its fado bars and its Moorish streets, this district is the oldest one of the city and one of the most typical. Not far from there, Chiado’s elegant streets are home to big fashion labels and are an invitation to a bit of of luxury shopping.
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
PONANT Exclusive Collection
We are pleased to announce the launch of our PONANT EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION, an exceptional selection of cruises designed around exclusive, carefully shaped partnerships to bring you an ever more exclusive experience of travel.
Right now, discover our first two Exclusive Collection cruise itineraries: Vineyards & Grands Crus, in partnership with Artémis Domaines, owner of the Château Latour wine estate among others, and Masterpieces in the Adriatic, in association with Christie’s auction house and America's Cup & Transatlantic Cruise in association with Groupama Team France.
These two exceptional themes enable us to bring you unprecedented programmes combining exceptional private visits and prestigious guests.
Olivier de Kersauson
Olivier de Kersauson is a French sailor born in 1944. From 1967 to 1974 he sailed with the legendary Eric Tabarly on several of the latter’s Pen Duick classics. He went on to have his own career on Kriter. In the eighties he embarked on a multi-hull adventure. In brief, 45 years as a professional sailor, with several Jules Verne Trophies under his belt. The sea holds no secrets for Olivier. From San Francisco to Osaka, Sydney to Tahiti, the Cape of Good Hope, Cape Horn, Australia, Atlantic and Indian Ocean, he has roamed the world’s oceans and holds several world records to this day.
Language spoken: French
Photo credit: Pascal ROSTAIN
Rear-Admiral (R) François Bellec directed the National Maritime Museum of Paris from 1980 ti 1998. He was active as President, Trustee or expert in maritime heritage an maritime history in many foundations, societies and museums, world exhibitions, UNESCO projects, and international journeys. He has written extensively in the fields of Maritime exploration and history and he was a conttributor to the Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History. He is a member of the French and Portguese Marine Academies and Vice-Président of the Paris Société de Géographie.
Possibility of withdrawal in case of force majeure.
- During these voyages, we are offering you an entirely sea-based crossing, there are no ports of call (except possibly for technical reasons), nor any onboard entertainment, and no transfers provided. Likewise, the catering is less elaborate than for other cruises. Although no entertainment is organized, you are free to discover what life is like aboard our ships by spending time with the crew who will be happy to share their experiences with you.
- To facilitate embarkation, we suggest that you spend the night before departure in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day of disembarkation we advise you to reserve a flight that leaves at the end of that day or the day after your arrival.
- All administrative information is given for information only. Regarding health regulations and advice, you need to contact your doctor.
- We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- These cruises depend on there being a minimum number of passengers. Your voyage will therefore be reconfirmed 45 days prior to your departure at the latest.