Ocean Voyage : Talcahunao - Ushuaia
* Subject to availability.
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Designed in 2013 and loyal to the PONANT spirit, Le Soléal like her sisterships embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is Ponant’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 132 staterooms and suites)make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
With her fluid lines and a modern colour scheme combining natural wood with shades of grey and white, Le Soléal presents references to a nautical theme.
Port of call & excursions
TalcahuanoEmbarkation 05/11/2016 from 04H00 to 6H00 . Departure 05/11/2016 at 08H00 .
Talcahuano, Chile’s largest fishing port, neighbours the overflowing energy of Concepción, where music resonates on every street corner. Renowned for its cultural and artistic life, it is nicknamed “the gateway to the south”. With its 215,000 inhabitants, Concepción is a relatively prosperous city in Chile and the country’s largest town south of Santiago. Very beautiful little traditional fishing villages scattered along the coast add to the charm of this part of the Chilean coastline.
6 November 2016▸8 November 2016 – At seaArrival 06/11/2016. Departure 08/11/2016.
During your day at sea, make the most of the many services and activities on board. Treat yourself to a moment of relaxation in the spa or stay in shape in the fitness centre. Depending on the season, let yourself be tempted by the swimming pool or a spot of sunbathing. This day without a port of call will also be an opportunity to enjoy the conferences or shows proposed on board, to do some shopping in the boutique or to meet the PONANT photographers in their dedicated space. As for lovers of the open sea, they will be able to visit the ship’s upper deck to admire the spectacle of the waves and perhaps be lucky enough to observe marine species. A truly enchanted interlude, combining comfort, rest and entertainment.
UshuaiaDisembarkation 09/11/2016 at 10H00 .
Capital of Argentina's Tierra del Fuego province, Ushuaia is considered the gateway to the White Continent and the South Pole. Nicknamed “El fin del mundo” by the Argentinian people, this city at the end of the world nestles in the shelter of mountains surrounded by fertile plains that the wildlife seem to have chosen as the ultimate sanctuary. With its exceptional site, where the Andes plunge straight into the sea, Ushuaia is one of the most fascinating places on earth, its very name evocative of journeys to the unlikely and the inaccessible…
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
To secure the boarding on departure day, we strongly recommend that you spend the night before in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day you disembark we advise you just as strongly to reserve a flight that leaves the day after your arrival. Indeed, these “Ocean Voyages” long trips are more than any other type of travel subject to climatic hazards, including winds and currents, which may require anticipating the departure of the ship, and / or delay the arrival of the ship.
Chile: Australian citizens entering/exiting Chile must pay a RECIPROCITY TAX that will be issued for a stay of up to 90 days upon payment. Currently, the fee is only charged at the Santiago International Airport. Payment can be made in U.S. currency or by credit card.
Argentina: should you require a visa to travel to Argentina, we recommend you apply for a double-entry visa as a technical stop in Chile might be scheduled.
We remind you that all our ships have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- During these voyages, we are offering you an entirely sea-based crossing, there are no ports of call (except possibly for technical reasons), nor any onboard entertainment or speakers, and no transfers provided. Likewise, the catering is less elaborate than for other cruises. Although no entertainment is organized, you are free to discover what life is like aboard our ships by spending time with the crew who will be happy to share their experiences with you.
- To facilitate embarkation, we suggest that you spend the night before departure in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day of disembarkation we advise you to reserve a flight that leaves at the end of that day or the day after your arrival.
- All administrative information is given for information only. Regarding health regulations and advice, you need to contact your doctor.
- We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- These cruises depend on there being a minimum number of passengers. Your voyage will therefore be reconfirmed 45 days prior to your departure at the latest.