Ocean Voyage : Tenerife-Montevideo
* Subject to availability.
- Staterooms & Suites
- LE LYRIAL
- Port of call & excursions
- Guest(s) Lecturer(s)
- Important information
- Pre/Post & Overlands
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Fourth ship in this superb series loyal to the PONANT spirit, Le Lyrial like her sisterships embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is PONANT’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 122 staterooms and suites) make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
We have been inspired by the destinations we visit and decided to create a subtle variation around a palette of blues. Ranging from the luminous delicate grey-blue of the Polar ice to splashes of the vivid turquoise blue found in Mediterranean coves, it also includes the blue light of the future pole star.
Port of call & excursions
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary IslandsEmbarkation 05/11/2017 from 14H00 to 15H00 . Departure 05/11/2017 at 16H00 .
The capital city of Tenerife is located on the north-east coast of the island. Close to the port is the monumental Plaza de España, bedecked with a fountain and plant sculptures. Around the plaza, you can admire the white marble Triunfo de la Candelaria obelisk, the historic casino of Santa Cruz and the majestic Guimerà theatre. Not far from here, the picturesque Iglesia de la Concepción church features the characteristic traits of Canaries architecture.
6 November 2017▸18 November 2017 – At seaArrival 06/11/2017. Departure 18/11/2017.
During your day at sea, make the most of the many services and activities on board. Treat yourself to a moment of relaxation in the spa or stay in shape in the fitness centre. Depending on the season, let yourself be tempted by the swimming pool or a spot of sunbathing. This day without a port of call will also be an opportunity to enjoy the conferences or shows proposed on board, to do some shopping in the boutique or to meet the PONANT photographers in their dedicated space. As for lovers of the open sea, they will be able to visit the ship’s upper deck to admire the spectacle of the waves and perhaps be lucky enough to observe marine species. A truly enchanted interlude, combining comfort, rest and entertainment.
MontevideoDisembarkation 19/11/2017 at 08H00 .
Perched on the far southern tip of Uruguay, Montevideo is a white city, and one of the loveliest capital cities of South America. Come and admire the beautiful historical remains dating from Spanish rule; you’ll find the most interesting within the Cuidad Vieja, formerly fortified, its old town dates from the 18th century. The best preserved are the cathedral and the former governmental palace of the Cabildo, both listed historical monuments. In the crook of a vast blue bay, the city is also blessed with beautiful beaches.
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
Rear-Admiral (R) François Bellec directed the National Maritime Museum of Paris from 1980 ti 1998. He was active as President, Trustee or expert in maritime heritage an maritime history in many foundations, societies and museums, world exhibitions, UNESCO projects, and international journeys. He has written extensively in the fields of Maritime exploration and history and he was a conttributor to the Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History. He is a member of the French and Portguese Marine Academies and Vice-Président of the Paris Société de Géographie.
Possibility of withdrawal in case of force majeure.
- During these voyages, we are offering you an entirely sea-based crossing, there are no ports of call (except possibly for technical reasons), nor any onboard entertainment or speakers, and no transfers provided. Likewise, the catering is less elaborate than for other cruises. Although no entertainment is organized, you are free to discover what life is like aboard our ships by spending time with the crew who will be happy to share their experiences with you.
- To facilitate embarkation, we suggest that you spend the night before departure in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day of disembarkation we advise you to reserve a flight that leaves at the end of that day or the day after your arrival.
- All administrative information is given for information only. Regarding health regulations and advice, you need to contact your doctor.
- We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- These cruises depend on there being a minimum number of passengers. Your voyage will therefore be reconfirmed 45 days prior to your departure at the latest.
Pre/Post & Overlands
After your cruise
Before your cruise
** Prices per person, based on double occupancy