The Northwest Passage
* Subject to availability.
- Crossing the legendary Northwest Passage, in the wake of Explorers.
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with your naturalist guides.
- Landscape: wide expanses of ice floe, myriad of jagged islands, blue glaciers, mountain ranges, tundra, steeped cliffs.
- Wildlife: arctic foxes, seabird colonies, bowhead whales, orcas and opportunities to see polar bears.
- Visit traditional villages and encounter the local people.
- From Ilulissat: Helicopter flight over a glacier (optional).
Roundtrip flight included
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
In May 2011, l'Austral joined PONANT's fleet. This superb mega-yacht with 132 staterooms is the result of the expertise of the Italian Fincantieri shipyard and French sophistication, as interpreted by designer Jean-Philippe Nuel. L'Austral remains faithful to our philosophy - to create a unique atmosphere, a subtle blend of luxury, intimacy and well-being.
A sleek silhouette softened by elegantly smooth contours and large, arched windows opening up to the sea and the light: so many features come together to give L’Austral her distinctive shape. Precious materials, discreet elegance and a perfect balance between chic and casual, combine to make you feel as if you are on your own private yacht. A design blending tradition and innovation, where a nautical mood has been subtly recreated. A welcoming atmosphere of relaxed sophistication revolves around shades of grey, taupe, white and ivory enlivened by touches of cinnamon, caramel and tan.. So many personal touches create the spirit of a “private yacht.”
You will encounter unique itineraries, calls inaccessible to large ships, chic and elegant yacht-like ambiance, refined and personalized service as well as gastronomic cuisine.
Port of call & excursions
Flight Paris / Kangerlussuaq + transfers + flight Nome / Seattle
For your serenity, PONANT selects a flight and organizes the transfers between the port and the airport (or vice versa). This package is included in your cruise fare.
Embarkation Day - Paris/Kangerlussuaq
Flight Paris/Kangerlussuaq selected by PONANT.
It is highly recommended to arrive in Paris the day before this flight.
Approximate flight duration: 5 hours.
Meet and greet at Kangerlussuaq airport (English-speaking assistance).
Transfer to the pier for embarkation.
– Cruise on board l’Austral –
Disembarkation Day – Nome/Seattle
Meet and great at the port (English-speaking assistance).
Transfer to airport.
Flight Nome/Seattle selected by PONANT.
It is highly recommended to plan a departure from Seattle the day after this flight.
Approximate flight duration: 4 hours 30 min.
Your programme includes:
- Flights Paris/Kangerlussuaq – Nome/Seattle selected by PONANT, in economy class.
- Transfers airport/port in Kangerlussuaq and port/airport in Nome.
- English-speaking assistance.
Your programme does not include:
- Tips for the local guide.
- Personal expenses.
- Other services not mentioned in the programme.
- Flights are, as of today, operated in economy class.
- Detailed programme including flight schedule will be provided with your “travel document”.
- For passengers in transit in Paris and/or Seattle, it is highly recommended to stay one night in Paris before and/or one night in Seattle after these flights to ensure your connecting flights.
- Package subject to availability.
- This programme is subject to change without prior notice.
- Tourist infrastructures are very limited in Kangerlussuaq and Nome and offer basic comfort therefore causing waiting times.
- Carry-ons must be limited on board the buses used for the passengers transfer to/from the airport (if too large the carry on could be transferred with the main luggage). We recommend the use of a back-pack.
- Due to limited human resources, please note that drivers act as guides.
Duration of the visits are given as a guide only. To know your PONANT flight schedule, please contact your travel agent; it is also indicated on your electronic ticket included in your travel documents. Passengers must check-in at least two hours before flight departure time.