Discover the treasures of the land by sea on board luxurious yachts that are built on an intimate, human scale. French crew, expertise, attentive service, gastronomy: set sail in a five-star environment and enjoy a travel experience that is simultaneously authentic and sophisticated.
Protecting the environment
PONANT is strongly committed to the preservation of the environment and is doing everything it can to minimise its impact on the planet. With a resolute desire to be the leader in this field, we pursue a strong ecological policy each and every day:
- Environmental regulatory compliance of our operations and anticipation of new regulations that are likely to have an impact on our activities.
- Implementation of best practices in recycling and reuse of solid waste and waste water.
- Certification of our ships by the international “Clean Ship” label, which certifies minimised environmental impact.
- Use of green equipment on our four sisterships, such as a quiet and economical electric propulsion system, MDO (Marine Diesel Oil) engines that are lighter and produce less pollution, and a sonar sand-bank detection system.
- The pursuit of energy efficiency and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Development of techniques, procedures and partnerships in order to preserve marine biodiversity and the coastal environment and to respect the communities that we visit.
A signatory of the La Charte Bleue d’Armateurs de France, PONANT is also a member of the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO), working to safeguard flora and fauna through the adoption of responsible behaviour.
Our CSR approach
Since 2014, PONANT has adopted a CSR policy and is committed, through measures and regular checks, to:
- Excel in its health and safety management
- Take good care of its staff
- Apply its best practices in terms of environmental protection to the entirety of its supply chain.